Friday, October 24, 2014

Bonkers over Bonkers


Not until very (some would say "embarrassingly") recently did I learn about Jennifer Saunders' autobiography. PEOPLE, WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN??

If you want a crash-course on the brilliance of this very funny lady, you can watch this French and Saunders sketch or practically any scene from Absolutely Fabulous (but start with the one in the link) or fuck it just click both & laugh a whole lot.

Of course, I bee-lined to Chapters to snatch copy, because I have zero self-control and often conflate real money with visa money.

Eager to dive in, I started reading Bonkers on the bus. Mistake. Common knowledge proves there's always one (minimum) bizarre person sharing the same public transportation as you. Tuesday, that person was me. First, I began grinning to myself -- not super normal for someone traveling solo, but still a relatively low-scale offense. Then, I was quietly laughing... which led to proper laughter, while also doing a weird thing with my face in an attempt to stop. The girl sitting beside me didn't change seats or anything, but I eventually sensed a wary vibe from her.

Bonkers has since been categorized as Read In Public At Your Own Risk, and I'm fine with it. It's an accolade, really -- most of my favorite books are on the same shelf (Everything Is Perfect When You're A Liar, Bossypants, very nearly everything in David Sedaris oeuvre, the list goes on).

No comments:

Post a Comment